Wednesday 25 June 2014

A Love Letter....

Not everyone, maybe no one at all, completely understands mine and Gareth's relationship. Most people don't understand Gareth at all. We have had to make compromises and sacrifices in order to maintain a life together with Borderline Personality Disorder. We've lost a lot along the way. But what we have underneath it all is a deep and committed love that has taken a lot of work. It isn't always obvious and it isn't always said and it often gets lost beneath the pain of living with mental illness so I wanted to remind Gareth what he means to me...or as Hafiz so eloquently wrote, "I wish I could show you, when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being." For you Gareth...

You are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
You shine just like sunlight rays on a winter snow
I just had to tell you so.

Your eyes sparkle as the stars like the moon they glow
Your smile could light the world on fire or did you know?
Your mind's full of everything that I wanna know.
I just had to let you know.
I just had to tell you so.

You're my butterfly.
Fly High. Fly. Fly. Fly.

(Butterfly by Lenny Kravitz)

Sian xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment